WIPO Media Center
Find out what's happening at WIPO and get background information on intellectual property (IP) issues.
Demand for WIPO's IP services for patents, trademarks and industrial designs reached a new record in 2017.
This lively video gives a high-altitude overview of WIPO’s work.
Contact Media Relations
- Tel: (+41 22) 338 81 61 | 338 72 24
- Fax: (+41 22) 338 81 40
- Event media accreditation
Worldwide filings for patents, trademarks and industrial designs reached record heights in 2016 amid soaring demand in China.
WIPO’s Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) took effect 40 years ago, helping inventors protect their inventions across the globe.
A new treaty helps hundreds of millions of people living with visual impairments around the world.
Switzerland, Sweden, the Netherlands, the USA and the UK are the world’s most-innovative countries according to the Global Innovation Index 2017 co-authored by Cornell University, INSEAD and WIPO.
Which famous musicians are also listed as inventors on international patent applications filed via WIPO?
The International Trademark System notches its 100th member with Indonesia’s accession.
Press releases Search press releases
- WIPO Wire – A short selection of news, features and resources from WIPO. 2 per month
- WIPO Press Releases – WIPO's main news releases as they are published.
- WIPO Magazine – Articles and features showing intellectual property, creativity and innovation at work worldwide. 6 per year.